HOW TO APPLY
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for an apartment at Kelly Ridge, all household applicants must be 62 years of age or older at the time of application. Occupancy is limited to a maximum of two (2) persons per bedroom
To see income qualifications and corresponding rent amounts, please see the Band of Affordability document to the right.
Six (6) apartments at Kelly Ridge accept project based Section 8 subsidy through the El Dorado County Housing Authority (EDCHA). These apartments will be awarded to applicants from the EDCHA’s waitlist. Click here for more information about the El Dorado County Housing Choice Voucher Program.
How To Be On The Waiting List:
Applications shall be distributed only when the Waiting List is open. The Kelly Ridge waiting list is currently open.
1. Application forms are available in the Kelly Ridge office during regular business hours or may be requesed for by telephone. Each applicant must complete an application form and be willing to submit to a credit history, rental history, and criminal background inquiry, as well as income and asset verifications.
If you think you are eligible to live in an apartment at Kelly Ridge (see eligibility and income limits above), you may fill out the attached application and fax or mail to:
Attn: Jullie Shanks, Property Administrator
1447 Herbert Avenue
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Fax: (530) 542-1699
Application forms may be obtained from Kelly Ridge and submitted on site. They are also available in the following locations:
- Barton Hospital
- South Lake Tahoe Social Services Office
- South Lake Tahoe Health Department
- South Lake Tahoe Adult Protective Services Office
- South Lake Tahoe Senior Center
- South Lake Tahoe Community Center
2. All application entries are to be made in ink or typewritten. Corrections or changes are to be made by lining through the original entry and entering the correct data. Such changes must be dated and certified to by the person making the application by affixing his/her signature or initials thereon.
3. Signed and dated applications shall be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The application must be completed and signed by the head of household and all household members before an applicant can be placed on the waiting list. If an application is not completely answered, the date of full completion shall be the date that the application is considered accepted for rental purposes.
Residents are permitted to keep common household pets in their apartments. Service or assistance animals are also welcome. Applicants and residents must inform Kelly Ridge management about their requirement for a service or assistance animal.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises. Residents will be required to sign a non-smoking agreement and must undertake that they or their guests will not be permitted to smoke in their apartments or anywhere on the premises.